Title: Site Manager.
Reports to: Area Manager.
Location: Site based.
To maximise the profitability of the site through the promotion of sales, and the control of costs. Further to ensure that the site operates at all times in line with the procedures as set down by Ascona Retail Ltd.
• Maintain site standards to the highest level meeting the performance criteria laid down by the company.
• Ensure that excellent customer service is a daily priority and promote this culture to the site team.
• Ensure the site is fully staffed and labour hours/costs are controlled within agreed budgets.
• Ensure site expenses are contained within agreed budgets.
• Minimise stock and cash losses though the effective application of laid down procedures and systems.
• Ensure the site is open for trading at all designated times.
• Ensure all site staff recruited are trained in line with the company’s training policy and other regulations governing the operation of a petrol forecourt.
• Ensure a sufficient quota of staff are ‘competently trained’ in the receipt of fuel deliveries.
• Ensure all site administration is carried out in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Ensure all monies are banked in accordance with laid-down banking procedures.
• Ensure that all efforts are made to optimise the availability of dry and wet stock on site by liaising with relevant suppliers and Head Office as applicable.
• Ensure that any disciplinary/absence/grievance issues are managed in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
• Maintain staff training, development and motivation on site to ensure a satisfactory working environment.
• Ensure that fuel prices are consistently in line with direction from Head Office whilst maintaining an awareness of local competitor activity and responding quickly to price increases.
• Report any repairs or maintenance requirements on a timely basis and ensure that quick and efficient solutions are achieved.
• Implement all marketing instructions, planograms, product listings and stock ordering procedures.
• Maintain dry stock holdings on site within agreed budget limits.
• Manage and control dry stock product and pricing to achieve target margins and minimise waste levels.
• Ensure all stock, invoicing and price book activities are maintained accurately according to laid down procedures.
• Ensure the security of all stock, cash and personal belongings on the premises.
• Ensure all site activity is compliant with Ascona Retails Health and Safety Policy, and is in conformance at all times with all regulatory requirements.
• Act always to ensure the security of the site.
• Act always to protect all Ascona Retails assets upon the site and ensure the proper use of such so as to maximise the lifetime of the assets.