Fuel filling station Manager - Ascona Retail - The old station garage, Heol Y Doll, Machynlleth, Powys, Wales SY20 8BH
Are you a self-motivated retail professional with management experience that is passionate about Customer Service?
Yes? well, we want you!
Who are we?
Ascona Group is an independent petrol forecourt operator based in Pembrokeshire who operates across England & Wales. We have exciting plans for the future with the development of our existing sites as well as new sites joining our network.
To grow our service station estate into a diverse and integrated business providing services & retail operations across the forecourt and convenience retail sector.
A Company wide commitment to exceeding customer expectations.
To be agile in our response to feedback and product and service demand.
Provide the highest possible quality in retail service, presentation, and product range and to make a difference locally.
We don’t have a headcount we have a heart count.
Do you want to join us on that journey and be part of our success?
We are currently recruiting for a Site Manager for our NEW Machynlleth garage.
Your responsibilities would include supervision of the team and the day to day operations of the store and petrol forecourt.
What Are We Looking For?
· Previous experience working in retail operations
· Incredible customer service skills & the ability to help
- maintain a customer-focused culture
· Great time management skills
· Effective delegation and team-building skills
· A working knowledge of IT equipment and electronic point of sale
· Ability to manage a team
Roles and responsibilities;
· Ensure the site is fully staffed and labor hours/costs are controlled within agreed budgets.
· Ensure all site staff recruited are trained in line with the company’s training policy and other regulations governing the operation of apetrol forecourt.
· Ensure all site administration is carried out in a timely and accurate fashion
· Ensure all monies are banked in accordance with laid-down banking procedures.
· Ensure that fuel prices are consistently in line with direction from Head Office whilst maintaining an awareness of local competitor activity and responding quickly to price increases.
· Report any repairs or maintenance requirements on a timely basis and ensure that quick and efficient solutions are achieved.
· Implement all marketing instructions, planograms, product listings, and stock ordering procedures.
· Maintain dry stock holdings on-site within agreed budget limits.
· Manage and control dry stock products and pricing to achieve target margins and minimize waste levels.
· Ensure all stock, invoicing and price book activities are maintained accurately according to laid down procedures.
· Ensure the security of all stock, cash, and personal belongings on the premises.
· Ensure all site activity is compliant with Ascona Retails Health and Safety Policy and is in conformance at all times with all regulatory requirements.
· Act always to ensure the security of the site.
· Act always to protect all Ascona Retails assets upon the site and ensure the proper use of such so as to maximize the lifetime of the assets.
Site Manager – The old station garage. £23-25k PA (Based on experience) Previous retail management experience required. Fuel experience is not required but is preferred.
Willingness to travel & cover other local sites (Up to 1 hour) also required. Will need to drive & have a car available. Immediate start is available. 40 Hours PW.
· A Competitive salary
· Flexible work schedule
· Company pension scheme
· Career progression, we like to promote from within our business
The old station garage
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00 per year