Head Office - Purchase Ledger Clerk
TECHNICAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
Purchase Ledger Clerk – Full Time, Permanent Position – Monday-Friday 9am-5pm – Ascona Head Office - Unit 12, Bridge innovation, Pembroke Dock SA72 6UN
Are you a hardworking finance professional who approaches any task with a can-do attitude?
Yes? well, we want you!
Who are we?
Ascona Group is an independent fuel forecourt operator based in Pembrokeshire who operates across England & Wales. We have exciting plans with the development of our existing sites as well as new sites joining our network.
We are looking to recruit friendly and determined individuals who enjoys working in a fast-paced exciting office environment.
Each employee is an important building block to our vision and values;
To grow our service station estate into a diverse and integrated business providing services & retail operations across the forecourt and convenience retail sector.
A Company-wide commitment to exceeding customer expectations.
To be agile in our response to feedback and product and service demand.
Provide the highest possible quality in retail service, presentation, and product range and to make a difference locally.
_ We don’t have a head count we have a heart count._
What would my main responsibilities be as a Purchase ledger at Ascona?
· Producing invoices ensuring correct coding is applied.
· Setting up new clients
· Ensuring ledger is up to date to enable banking reconciliation
· Running detailed turnover statements
· Providing creditors with VAT receipts and chasing up outstanding debts
· Sorting out any rebates/credits
· Preparations for daily bank reconciliations & posting bank transactions
· Reconciliation of credit card transactions
· Maintaining all sales records and ensuring they are organised
and up to date
· Chasing up outstanding debts
· Dealing with invoice queries in an affective and timely manner
· Assisting with month end procedures and any other general finance tasks according to current needs
· As a purchase ledger Clerk you will be reporting to our financial controller
· Ensure that all data recorded and reported is accurate, timely and relevant.
· Perform weekly bank reconciliation and maintain accurate balances for debtors and creditors.
· Assist site manages in the maintenance of accurate stock records and valuations.
The Purchase Ledger Clerk will also be expected to carry any other reasonable request made by members of the senior management team.
What candidates are we looking for?
· Applicants must have experience in this role
· Applicants with AAT qualifications are desirable
· Good Information system knowledge and experience
· Excellent I.T skills are essential
· The opportunity to join one of the fastest growing businesses in Wales
· Clear company progression opportunities. We like to promote from within our business
· Employee Assistant Programme – 24 hour helpline to assist with advice on Housing, counselling services, legal advice, healthcare advice.
· Death in Service x 3 years (Applicable after successful completion of 6-month probation)
· Vitality private healthcare (Applicable after successful completion of 6-month probation
If interested, please apply with full C.V and covering letter.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00-£20,000.00 per year