Green Garage - Head Fryer / Manager - Ascona Fish Bar
TECHNICAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
Ascona Retail – Head Fryer / Manager - Ascona Fish Bar at Green Garage / Bush hill service station – SA71 4QT – Full time permanent position.
Ascona Group are an independent petrol forecourt operator with Head Offices based in Pembrokeshire and operate a growing network of service stations across England & Wales. We are in the Top 10 Independent Fuel Retailers in the UK.
To grow our forecourt estate into a diverse and integrated business providing retail services and operations across the forecourt and convenience retail sector in the UK.
A Company wide commitment to exceed customer expectations.
To be agile in our response to feedback, product and service demand.
Provide the highest possible quality in retail service, presentation, and product range and to make a difference locally.
We do not have a head count we have a heart count.
A Head Fryer / Manager is required for our Ascona Fish Bar which is being built inside our brand-new flagship service Station where it all began.
Preferably applicants should have experience in a commercial fish & chip shop premises or chef experience and therefore obtain a highl evel of food hygiene and health and safety standards.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Day to day management of the business unit
- Ensure the fish bar is fully staffed and labour hours/costs are controlled within agreed budgets.
- Food cooking and preparation including:
- Cutting fish, making batter, oil management
- Cooking fish, chips, and other menu items
- Maintaining high standards of food hygiene and following health and safety regulations
- Stock control - including stock rotation and ordering.
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
- Management of staff and management of rotas.
- Overall site management of the Ascona Fish Bar.
- Margin management, profitability of the business unit.
- Dealing with customers / public.
- Liaising with Area Managers and Management of Ascona Group.
- Ensure all site staff recruited are trained in line with the company’s training policy and other regulations governing the operation
- Report any repairs or maintenance requirements on a timely basis and ensure that quick and efficient solutions are achieved.
- Act always to protect all Ascona Retail assets upon the site and ensure the proper use of such to maximise the lifetime of the assets and stock
- - Employee assistant program
- · An attractive salary
- - Death in service
- - Vitality health insurance
- · Flexible work schedule
- · Career progression, we like to promote from within our business
Ascona is proud to announce we have not had to make any redundancies during the pandemic. We have continued to recruit extra employee's as we grow. (Ascona group is the fastest growing business in Wales)
Start Date - May 2021
Please apply with a full C.V and cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Ascona Fish Bar, Bush hill service station, Pembroke Dock, SA714QT